This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 large jalapeno stemmed and cut into quarters, seeds left in
- 1/8 cup dry currants
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Coleman’s dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- Mix a little of the water with the cornstarch to form a slurry. Add all other ingredients to a medium sauce pan along with the slurry and bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Strain and discard solids. Cool and store overnight for the best flavor.
- May be stored for up to one week in the refrigerator.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.