Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: Sweet, soft pumpkin cookies loaded with chocolate chips and walnuts. So delicious!
Thank you to OXO for providing us with a complimentary set of the baking tools featured in this post, and for making a donation to Cookies for Kid’s Cancer on our behalf. All opinions expressed are 100% mine. #OXOGoodCookies
On any given day, my husband Jack and I look at each other and say how thankful and blessed we are that our children are happy, healthy and thriving.
But sadly, some parents aren’t so lucky – and that’s why we’re partnering with OXO today to share a delicious recipe – these Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – as part of their “Be a Good Cookie” program benefiting CookiesforKidsCancer.org.
During the month of September, be sure to look for specially marked packages with this green label when you purchase select OXO products.
For every item sold with this special label, OXO will donate $.25 per package** to CookiesforKidsCancer.org – a wonderful organization that provides annual research grants to five of the nation’s leading pediatric cancer centers to advance the development of less toxic, more effective treatments for children battling cancer.
These soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are an old family recipe from my mother’s recipe box. They are very easy to make and super delicious with a lightly sweet cake-like pumpkin cookie base that is packed with semi-sweet chocolate chips and coarsely chopped walnuts. (You can leave the walnuts out if you prefer – but we loved the crunchy texture that the nuts added to the soft cookie!)
You may enjoy these other Pumpkin Cookies recipes:
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Pecan Toffee Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional but highly recommended)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper sheets (or lightly grease the cookie sheet if you don’t have parchment paper).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, vanilla and egg. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda with the milk. Add both the dry flour mixture and the wet baking soda mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and nuts and stir until evenly combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop(medium scoop is equal to 1 1/2 tablespoons), drop mounds of the cookie dough on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for slightly before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
**For every stickered item sold, OXO will donate 25 cents in support of pediatric cancer research as part of its $100,000* pledge Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Look for specially marked OXO products at participating retailers in September.
*In 2014, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through specially marked baking tools, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a recognized 501c(3) public charity duly incorporated under the laws of the state of New Jersey. Your donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. 100% of the proceeds raised by Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fund pediatric cancer research.