This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This time of year, I really can’t get enough of pumpkin desserts! A few weekends ago, I had a craving – and I originally planned to mix up a batch of our very popular soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies which are a family (and reader) favorite!
But – and this always seems to happen – we had a burst of recipe inspiration from some different ingredients on hand in our refrigerator and kitchen cabinets. So – we made these Pumpkin Pecan Toffee Chip Cookies instead!
Like the other cookies, these Pumpkin Pecan Toffee Chip Cookies are soft, cake-like cookies. And we loaded them up with toffee bits and chopped pecans—giving the cookies great texture and a little bit of crunch.
But what really makes these cookies special is the addition of some jarred caramel sauce (the same type of sauce you’d spoon over ice cream). The caramel and pumpkin flavors are really fantastic together and the caramel also makes these cookies super moist.
Once we realized we had a winning recipe on our hands – we quickly snapped some photos so we could share the recipe for these Pumpkin Pecan Toffee Chip Cookies here today. And by quickly – I mean very quickly – because we couldn’t stop eating these delicious cookies!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional but highly recommended)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (or lightly grease the cookie sheet if you don’t have parchment paper).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine pumpkin, caramel sauce, sugar, oil, vanilla and egg. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda with the milk. Add both the dry flour mixture and the wet baking soda mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Mix well.
- Add in the toffee bits and nuts and stir until evenly combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop mounds of the cookie dough on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool slightly before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like: