This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1½ cups soft bread, crusts removed and cut into small cubes. (We used a supermarket bakery Italian bread)
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pound ground pork (not ground seasoned sausage meat)
- ½ cup onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon jarred pesto
- 1 tablespoon jarred sweet pepper relish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup seasoned or plain bread crumbs
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl place soft bread cubes and cover with milk and tomato juice. Let soak for ten minutes then use your hands to make a mash out of the bread or beat with a fork.
- Add all other ingredients and gently combine. Try not to over work the mixture.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and spray the pan with kitchen pan spray. Set aside.
- Place a second tray or cutting board next to a small bowl of water. This will be used to scoop meatballs. (Once all are scooped, they will be rolled and neatly placed on parchment lined sheet tray.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a medium scoop like this onep, scoop out 3 ½ dozen meatballs (42 meatballs, 1 ½ ounce each) onto the cutting board or tray. Keep the scoop a little wet by dipping in the water occasionally.
- Once all of the balls have been scooped, wet your hands lightly and roll each meatball into a ball and place on prepared sheet tray. Keep hands moist but not too wet otherwise the meatballs will get too soft and not keep their shape.
- Once the tray is full, place in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove, cool and place each meatball on a second tray lined with parchment. As you remove each ball, wipe off sides so they are nice and clean before freezing. Also make sure you pick a tray that fill fit in your freezer.
- Freeze overnight or until firm, then remove to a gallon zip lock bag and freeze the bag of meatballs.
- As needed, just pull as many as you need for your quick meal.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Sugar Dish Me made this Easy Chicken Broccoli Bake
That Skinny Chick Can Bake made Mexican Chicken Manicotti
Food Faith & Fitness made a Paleo Casserole with Turkey, Peppers, Zucchini, and Tomato
Spend with Pennies made Chicken Noodle Casserole (from Scratch)
Wishes & Dishes made this Creamy Chicken Tetrazzini
Frugal Foodie Mama made Pizza Pierogi Casserole
Snappy Gourmet made Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole
Miss in the Kitchen made a Chicken and Mushroom Tortellini Bake
Life, Love, and Good Food made this Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Bless This Mess made Quick and Easy Summer Chicken Salad
Mandy’s Recipe Box collected 30 Freezer Meals
Hugs and Cookies made Baked Parmesan Meatball Casserole
Barbara Bakes made this Veal & Wild Mushroom Stew
A Cedar Spoon made Sausage, Roasted Red Pepper, & Gouda Macaroni & Cheese
It’s Yummi made an Easy Cheese & Sausage Pizza Bake
A Family Feast made these Easy Freezer Meatballs
Stuck on Sweet made Homemade Goulash
Two Healthy Kitchens made a 5-Ingredient Easy Pasta Bake
It Bakes Me Happy made a Peach Skillet Galette