This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup ½ inch diced carrots
- 1 cup ½ inch diced onion
- 1 cup ½ inch diced celery
- 4 quarts chicken stock (see recipe here)
- 8–10 2 ½ ounce browned but not fully cooked meatballs (see recipe here)
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken meat (if you are making your own stock you can use the chicken meat from the fryer – see recipe here)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 head of escarole, cored, washed and roughly chopped
- Ditalini shaped pasta or other small pasta for soup
- Hearty, crusty bread for serving (optional)
- In a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, heat olive oil and place carrots, onions and celery in. Cook for five minutes.
- Add stock, turn to medium high and cook five to ten more minutes until vegetables are almost tender.
- Add in meatballs, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in cooked chicken and simmer for one minute.
- Add in chopped escarole and simmer for two to three more minutes or until wilted and cooked.
- Stir in grated parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper depending on how flavorful your stock is.
- Spoon cooked ditalini or pasta of choice into serving bowl and ladle hot soup over and serve. We like this soup with a good crusty bread.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.