Here’s another great recipe to add to your collection of homemade salad dressings – our Savory Citrus Dressing!
This recipe is one that my husband used to make on a regular basis during his corporate food service management days. Back then, he featured a ‘dressing of the week’ in the cafeteria salad bar – and this savory citrus dressing was fan favorite.
It has a sweet citrus flavor that is balanced in a savory way from the addition of shallots and parsley. And a base of champagne vinegar helps pull the two complementary tastes together, plus some extra virgin olive oil that rounds out this perfectly delicious savory citrus dressing.
Like all of our homemade dressings and vinaigrettes, this savory citrus dressing takes just minutes to make (we mixed it up in the blender). It’s so delicious – you’ll never want to buy bottled salad dressing again!
P.S. Dressings like this also make a great marinade for chicken so if you have leftovers, give that a try!Print
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice from a naval orange
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon gray sea salt (Kosher if not available)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- Zest from ½ orange
- Zest from ½ lemon
- 1½ cups good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Place everything except oil in a blender and puree until smooth and blended. Slowly add the olive oil while blending.
- Store refrigerated for up to a week.
You may also like: