This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- One large bunch of thick asparagus (try to avoid bunches with very slender stalks)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 large garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fresh oregano
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 24 slices good quality prosciutto, sliced thin but not see-through thin
- Snap off a few inches of the bottom, woody ends of the stalks and place the asparagus in a gallon zipper seal bag.
- In a small food processor (like this one here), blend oil, lemon zest, garlic and oregano until an oily paste forms. Pour this mixture in the bag with the asparagus and seal. Marinate for one to six hours at room temperature. Turn bag a few times so all of the asparagus get coated.
- Heat grill to medium
- In a pie plate or dinner plate, pour out Parmesan cheese. Pick one asparagus at a time out of the marinade and roll in the cheese, pressing the cheese to stick. Then roll in a slice of prosciutto. Roll on a slight angle so the single slice wraps from one end to the other with the end and tip poking out. Repeat for all of the asparagus.
- Place on grill seam side down and grill 5-10 minutes turning slightly every few minutes until golden brown and cooked (but still a bit crisp so try not to overcook).
- Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.