This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- ½ bunch of cooked Perfect Asparagus spears
- 2 cooked Marinated Grilled Chicken breasts
- ½ pound dry farfalle pasta (or other firm pasta of your choice such as penne or ziti)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 large basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the cooked asparagus spears into bite sized pieces (each spear cut into thirds). Set aside.
- Cut the cooked marinated grilled chicken into bite sized strips. Set aside.
- Bring enough water to a boil to cook the pasta. When the water is boiling, pour in the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add whole garlic cloves to oil and sauté until all sides are golden and the garlic is soft on the inside. (About 4-5 minutes). Reduce heat if garlic is browning too quickly.
- Turn heat in pan up to medium high and add in whole tomatoes (be careful of splattering if the tomatoes are wet) and gently sauté the tomatoes in the oil until they start to lose their shape and the skins burst.
- Remove pan from the heat. Using a potato masher or large fork, mash each tomato and garlic clove into the olive oil. This will give you a very rustic sauce with pieces of tomato and garlic in the oil. (Alternately, you can pour the mixture into the deep sided bowl and blend with an immersion blender for a smoother, more emulsified sauce.)
- Drain cooked pasta and add it into the sauce along with the asparagus, chicken, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Toss well to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve pasta with additional grated Parmesan.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.