This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Oven Braised Honey Soy Glazed Chicken Thighs is one of the easiest, juiciest, finger-licking chicken recipes around! The entire family is going to love this easy dinner entrée.
Easy & Delicious Weeknight Chicken Dinner
This Oven Braised Honey Soy Glazed Chicken Thighs recipe is one of those ‘back pocket’ dinner recipes you’ll find yourself making again and again. Not only is it easy to make – but it’s a recipe that both kids and grown-ups absolutely love!
The process is very simple: Mix up a marinade, pour it into a zipper seal bag with the chicken, and let it sit overnight. The next day, braise the chicken in the oven while you prep the rest of dinner. (Rice Pilaf and this Lemon Ginger Broccoli would nicely round out the dinner menu.)
Why you’ll love Oven Braised Honey Soy Chicken Thighs
- The chicken thighs cook up super tender and juicy with a sweet and flavorful lip-smacking glaze.
- You can do all of the prep the night before, so this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights.
- This recipe makes up to eight servings – so you’ll have plenty for leftovers the next day.
Key Ingredients & Substitutions
- Chicken Thighs – Choose large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs for this recipe. Thighs with the bone still in have the most flavor.
- Soy Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Ginger – Fresh ginger will give the marinade/sauce the most flavor
- Lemon Juice – We always recommend squeezing fresh lemon juice, rather than using the bottled kind. (Bottled lemon juice tends to have a harsher flavor.)
- Corn Starch – Used to thicken some of the marinade to create a glossy, sweet glaze for the chicken.
How do I make Oven Braised Honey Soy Chicken Thighs?
- Place chicken thighs in a gallon zipper seal bag.
- Mix the marinade ingredients and pour over chicken. Seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least 12 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Place chicken in the baking dish or braiser, then pour the marinade over the chicken. (Reserve half a cup of the marinade for later.)
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken thighs reaches 165 degrees F.
- Make glaze while chicken is braising by combining the reserved half cup of the marinade with one tablespoon of honey and bring to a boil.
- Mix corn starch and water, then slowly drizzle into the hot marinade-honey mixture (do this off the heat of the stove, while briskly whisking). Set aside.
- Once the chicken has reached 165 degrees F, remove from the oven.
- Turn your oven to broil.
- Brush glaze over the chicken, then broil until golden brown (approximately 3-4 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks
When broiling the chicken, be sure to watch it closely. The sugars in the glaze can start to burn easily if you aren’t careful.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I make Oven Braised Honey Soy Chicken Thighs ahead of time? You can make the marinade and keep refrigerated for up to four days before marinating the chicken. The chicken would then need to be marinated for 12-24 hours before braising in the oven.
- How do I store leftovers? Store refrigerated for up to three days
- How do I reheat leftovers? Heat in the microwave
- Can I freeze? Yes, the cooked chicken should freeze well.
- Can I make this in the slow cooker? Technically yes, but the chicken will steam rather than braise, so the flavors won’t develop in the same way.
Click here for more delicious Chicken Recipes!
8 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup plus one tablespoon honey, divided
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tablespoon water
- Place chicken thighs into a gallon zip lock bag.
- Mix soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, one-quarter cup of the honey, olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and lemon juice and pour over chicken.
- Seal bag and refrigerate 12-24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chicken pieces skin up in a braiser or a 9X13 baking pan.
- Reserve one half cup of the marinade and pour the rest over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the oven for 35-40 minutes uncovered, or until the internal temperature of the thickest thigh reaches 165 degrees F.
- While chicken is braising, place reserved half cup of marinade into a small sauce pan and add one tablespoon of the honey. Bring to a boil and simmer three minutes.
- Remove from heat. Mix the corn starch and water in a small bowl and slowly drizzle into hot liquid while briskly whisking. If it is lumpy, simply pour through a strainer and set aside.
- Once the chicken reaches 165 degrees F, remove and set oven to broil.
- Brush the glaze over the tops of each piece of chicken then broil for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. If you want the skin extra crispy, simply broil longer.
- Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.