This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- A few grinds of pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard OR one tablespoon each honey and Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of all fat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 unpeeeled Golden Delicious apples, cored and cut in eighths
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the apple cider, cornstarch, salt and pepper, and the honey mustard (or honey and Dijon mustard). Mix well and set aside.
- Lightly sprinkle the breadcrumbs onto the chicken pieces.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the canola oil. Add chicken and cook over medium heat until golden brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn chicken, add apples, and cook until chicken is golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes longer.
- Add broth. Cover and simmer on medium heat until the chicken and apples are tender, about 15 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and apples to a serving plate. Whisk cider mixture again and add to the skillet. Cook and stir over high heat until slightly thickened and bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and apples and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.