This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Interested in more chicken recipes? Click here for our 100+ Best Chicken Recipes.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds total)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic passed through a garlic press
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano, plus additional for garnish
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- One lemon cut into wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pound out each chicken breast to 1/8th inch thickness.
- In a small sauté pan over medium heat, sauté garlic in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil for 1-2 minutes. Do not brown. Set aside.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt and pepper. Spread feta evenly between the four breasts, leaving the two long edges clear. Sprinkle the oregano, lemon zest and cooked garlic and oil equally between the four breasts, leaving the edges clear.
- Roll like a jelly roll and finish seam side down. With butchers twine, tie off each end and then make one or two ties in the center depending on the length of the roll.
- In a large oven proof skillet, over medium high heat, place the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and heat to hot. Add the four chicken rolls and brown turning to brown each side, about 2-3 minutes per side. After you turn the chicken to the last side, place the pan in the oven and roast for 5-10 minutes or until an internal thermometer inserted into the center of the largest roll reaches 140 degrees.
- Remove the pan from the oven and leave the oven mitt on the handle to remind you that the handle is hot. Remove the chicken to a platter to rest.
- Heat the pan over medium high heat and add the lemon juice scraping up bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the wine and cook to reduce wine to almost the point of total evaporation. Add the chicken stock and cook to reduce by half. Add the butter and stir just until melted. Add any liquid that has accumulated on the platter.
- Slice cooked rolls on the bias and place back on your platter. Pour pan sauce over top and reserved minced fresh oregano. Garnish platter with lemon wedges.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.