We’re wrapping up the week with our recipe for Asparagus with Lemon and Feta – a perfect side dish to serve as part of a special Easter dinner or Mother’s Day brunch!
This is another simple and super flavorful dish – and the fresh lemon and feta flavors combined with asparagus are a wonderful pairing to serve with our Perfect Holiday Ham and our Herbed Boiled Potatoes.
This recipe takes just minutes to prepare in the oven – this asparagus with lemon and feta can roast while your ham is resting after it comes out of the oven. By the time you’re ready to carve the ham – this easy side dish is ready to be served!
This Asparagus with Lemon and Feta is equally delicious served warm out of the oven or served at room temperature. And if you happen to have any leftovers – it’s also delicious added to a salad!Print
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 grinds freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, minced (about ½ tablespoon)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Additional lemon zest for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse and drain asparagus, then snap off the tough bottom ends. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Place the asparagus spears in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Drizzle the olive oil over the spears, then sprinkle the salt, pepper, minced garlic and lemon zest over the asparagus. Using your hands, toss lightly to evenly coat, then spread the asparagus in a single layer in the dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes (a few minutes less if your asparagus is skinny, a few minutes more if your asparagus is fat) until the asparagus is just tender (it will continue to cook as it cools). Sprinkle the feta over the asparagus and allow to slightly melt in the baking dish for a few minutes.
- Remove to a serving platter and serve immediately or at room temperature. Additional lemon zest can be added for garnish if you’d like.
You may also like: