This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I absolutely love quiche – but it can be a little time consuming to make, especially when pie crust is involved! But today’s Crustless Ham and Cheddar Quiche is the best of both worlds – simple to make but still with a delicious, cheesy quiche flavor!
It’s similar to a traditional quiche recipe – filled with diced ham, onions, carrots and cheddar cheese – but this crustless ham and cheddar quiche bakes up light and puffy in the oven thanks to the addition of baking mix in the batter!
It’s perfect for a quick family meal – and any leftovers make a delicious lunch on the go! We used the homemade baking mix recipe that we shared yesterday to make this easy crustless ham and cheddar quiche – but feel free to use a boxed baking mix if you prefer. You can also swap in different meats and vegetables to make this recipe your own. Enjoy!
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Crustless Ham and Cheddar Quiche
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into medium sized pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/2 cup baking mix (see recipe here)
- 8 ounces cooked ham, cut into medium sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded yellow sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pan, sauté onions and carrots in olive oil over medium heat for four minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and add milk to combine.
- With pastry cutter, mix cold butter into baking mix until small pea sized pieces form. Add this to the egg and milk mixture and with a whip, whisk until combined.
- Add ham and cheese to egg mixture and stir with wooden spoon to combine.
- Add cooked carrot and onion to mixture and stir again.
- Spray a regular sized pie plate with pan spray and pour egg mixture into pie plate.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into center comes clean and serve cut into wedges.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment