There’s no need to buy a boxed baking mix ever again – because it’s super easy to make your own homemade baking mix with ingredients that you already have in your own kitchen!
This homemade baking mix can be used in place of any recipe that calls for a boxed baking mix – like our Crustless Ham and Cheddar Quiche. It’s a mix of flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt – plus butter (vegetable shortening can be used instead of the butter if you prefer).
Simply mix all of the ingredients together, cutting the butter into small pea-size pieces – and you’re done! This homemade baking mix can be stored tightly-covered in the refrigerator for up to a month.Print
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With a fork or pastry cutter, cut in the small cold pieces of butter until the butter is pea size or smaller.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a month.
You may also like: