This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This amazing Cranberry Relish is the star condiment in our Myles Standish Sandwich (you can see that recipe here). But even if you don’t make our sandwich recipe, this Cranberry Relish is so delicious – you’ll want a jar of this fresh, sweet-tart condiment in your refrigerator anytime fresh cranberries are in season!
Cranberry Relish couldn’t be any easier to make. Simply combine fresh cranberries, fresh orange slices, orange peel, and granulated sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Process until coarsely chopped (but not so much that it turns into a puree) then pour into a jar and serve with a spoon.
The Cranberry Relish will give off some juices as it sits in the jar – which is totally fine. My husband Jack used the juices in a cocktail with a little bit of vodka – and boy was that delicious!
This Cranberry Relish is also a delicious, fresh alternative to serve alongside your Thanksgiving turkey. Enjoy!
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Cranberry Orange Relish
Here is a tip we learned from a cranberry bog owner: The darker the cranberries, the more tart they are. The lighter or whiter colored cranberries are not tart however still can be used. They taste the same however are milder in flavor.
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- ½ to ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Zest the orange and place the zest in a food processor.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the pith from the rest of the zested orange and discard.
- Cut the remaining peeled orange into quarters, pick out and discard any seeds and place the orange in the food processor with the zest.
- Add the bag of fresh cranberries and ½ cup of the sugar and pulse to a coarse consistency.
- Taste and add more sugar if you want the relish sweeter. We only used the ½ cup.
- This relish can be refrigerated for up to a week and can be used in a variety of dishes, including our Myles Standish Sandwich.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment