Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.
Today we’re sharing a simple and very delicious beverage recipe that will make any holiday party even more festive! Our Festive Pineapple Cranberry Punch is not only delicious and thirst-quenching – it’s also gorgeous to look at!
We started with a crowd-pleasing blend of 100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice, cranberry juice and ginger ale – an exhilarating and exotic mix of flavors that both kids and adults will love. We also added fresh cranberries and fresh mint leaves for garnish and a hint of flavor.
But the star of the show is the “ice ring” that we made beforehand by freezing more of the DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice in a Bundt pan – layering it with fresh cranberries and fresh mint leaves as it freezes. When the pineapple juice ice ring is taken out of the Bundt pan, it looks like a beautiful holiday wreath.
And the best part is – as this pretty ice ring melts, the delicious DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice adds even more flavor to your Festive Pineapple Cranberry Punch. (There’s nothing worse than having your party’s punch get watered down from ice made with water as the night goes on – so creating the ice ring from juice prevents that from happening!)
DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice is something that we always have on hand – especially around the holidays. It is perfect to add to a punch (like today’s recipe), in cocktails or mocktails, or simply served over ice! We also cook with it all the time, and around the holidays we use DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice in recipes such as our family’s holiday ham and the pineapple raisin sauce we serve alongside it.
DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice is 100% pineapple juice with added vitamins A, C & E. It is available in both a 6-pack of 6-ounce cans, as well as larger 46-ounce cans (perfect for making today’s Festive Pineapple Cranberry Punch). Just look for it in the shelf-stable juice aisle of your local grocery store or mass merchandiser.
For more product information, recipes and videos, be sure to visit Dole Packaged Foods on their website.
For the Ice Ring:
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- Approximately 24 fresh mint leaves, varying sizes
- 1 46-ounce can DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice
For the Punch:
- 2 46-ounce cans DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice
- 40 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 liter ginger ale
- Prepared Ice Ring
- Fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
To Make the Ice Ring
- A quick note before you begin making the ice ring: Cranberries and mint leaves float – so for best results, you want to freeze this ring in layers so that the juice and colors of the fruit and herb are interspersed throughout.
- Place some fresh cranberries and mint leaves in the bottom of a bundt pan. Gently pour some DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice into the bundt pan – just enough to create a thin layer at the bottom of the pan so that the cranberries and mint leaves are surrounded by juice. Freeze until firm – about 1 hour.
- Continue adding cranberries, mint leaves and pineapple juice to the bundt pan – freezing in 1-inch (or so) layers of juice until you’ve added the 46-ounce can of juice. For reference, we made about 4 layers of pineapple juice, cranberries and mint for our ice ring.
- Freeze until completely firm or over night.
- To remove the ice ring from the metal bundt pan, dip the bottom of the bundt pan into a bowl of hot water (being careful not to get water into ring). Place a plate over the bundt pan and invert until your ice rings slides out. Keep frozen until added to your punch.
To Make the Punch
- Combine DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice, cranberry juice cocktail, and ginger ale in a large punch bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Gently place in the prepared, frozen Ice Ring.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and mint leaves as desired.