We’re continuing the Asian-inspired theme for one more day with this delicious recipe for Coconut Rice!
This easy Coconut Rice is actually one of the dishes we ate for dinner ourselves, along with those fantastic Asian Barbecue Chicken Wings we shared yesterday.
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make – and the flavors of the rice infused with coconut milk and cilantro is out of this world!
We start out by first lightly toasting some slivered almonds in a dry frying pan. Then we add the toasted almonds to a pot with basmati rice, coconut milk, lime juice and lime zest, scallions and fresh cilantro – plus water and kosher salt.
Simmer the rice until cooked – then fluff it with a fork and serve this coconut rice with an additional sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
This simple side dish is great with those Asian barbecue wings, as well as other dishes such as our Gooey Ginger Chicken, Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce, or our Coconut Shrimp. And the flavors in this dish are versatile enough that it would be delicious with some Mexican-themed dinners as well!Print
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- Zest from one lime
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish when serving
- In a dry pan, toast almonds until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium pan with a tight fitting lid, place all ingredients including the toasted almonds and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit five minutes then fluff.
- Serve with additional chopped cilantro.
You may also like: