A few weeks ago, over on our Facebook page, I asked our followers to tell us what kind of recipes they would like to see here on A Family Feast. Jack and I were planning out some of our recipes for the coming weeks – and we wanted to make sure that we were sharing recipes that you, our wonderful readers, would be interested in seeing – and cooking yourself at home!
This recipe for Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken meets a few of the requests on the list. A few of you asked for more chicken recipes (check!), some followers were looking for game-day food now that it is football season (check!), a few liked the idea of comfort food (check!) and slow cooker recipes (check!) and others asked for quick and easy (this is definitely easy – and while it’s made in the slow-cooker which takes some time to cook, the actual prep involved in this recipe is very quick to do – just chicken, onions, Frank’s RedHot sauce, butter and cumin)! And – one of our requirements for a recipe: it has to be delicious! (Definitely a check mark there!)
This slow cooker pulled Buffalo chicken is great on its own made into a sandwich (just add some melted blue or Monterey Jack cheese to the top) or in recipes like our Buffalo Chicken Dip, our Buffalo Chicken Nachos, or even on our Buffalo Chicken Pizza! You can also make a large batch of this slow cooker pulled Buffalo chicken and use some now, and then freeze some of it for use later in a recipe.
We love hearing from our readers! What kinds of recipes would you like to see here on A Family Feast?
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, sliced thick
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Franks original hot sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large slow cooker, spray the bottom and sides of the insert. Add sliced onion and top with chicken in single layer.
- In a microwave safe bowl or saucepan, melt butter. Add 1 cup of hot sauce and cumin and stir to combine. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and set on high for four hours.
- When done, remove chicken and shred with two forks and place in bowl. Stir liquid from pot and add ¼ cup to shredded chicken. Add two tablespoons (or more if you like it hotter) of Frank's hot sauce and mix well.
You may also like: