This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It was an absolutely GORGEOUS weekend here in New England and we spent lots of time outdoors! A little bit of yard work – but mostly just relaxing and enjoying the great weather for the ‘official’ start to summer. And – this fabulous White Wine Sangria was our beverage of choice!
My husband Jack is more of a red wine drinker, but in his words, this white wine sangria is “damn tasty!” It’s very easy to make too. Just slice up some oranges, plus a lemon and a lime and put the slices in a pitcher. Then add a bottle of white wine (your choice – we used a Chardonnay we had on hand – but Riesling, Pinot Grigio or a Sauvignon Blanc would be equally as good) and a small amount of Triple Sec. Stir to mix and chill overnight (or for at least a few hours) in the refrigerator so that the fruit flavors infuse the wine.
When you’re ready to serve, add some ginger ale and stir again – and you’ll have a deliciously refreshing beverage that is just perfect with summer’s lighter fare. Cheers!
*Please drink responsibly. Recipe adapted from about.com.
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
White Wine Sangria
- 3 oranges, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 750 ml. bottle of fruity, white wine (Chardonnay, Rieseling, Pinot Grigio, or Sauvignon Blanc)
- 2 ounces Triple Sec
- 1/2 liter of ginger ale
- Place orange, lemon and lime slices in a large pitcher.
- Add the wine and Triple Sec. With a large wooden spoon, stir the contents of the pitcher until mixed. (You can gently press the slices of fruit toward the bottom of the pitcher to release some of the fruit juices into to wine.)
- Refrigerate overnight (or for a minimum of four hours).
- Just before serving, add the ginger ale and stir again to mix.
- Pour into glasses to serve. (This may be served over ice if desired.)
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment