We made this refreshing Watermelon Mint Aqua Fresca as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
I think one of the most fun things about summertime entertaining is creating a ‘signature’ beverage that sets the mood (and even the color scheme) for a party. This gorgeous and refreshing Watermelon Mint Aqua Fresca is the perfect summertime drink!
An ‘aqua fresca’ is a popular drink in Mexico and other Central and South American countries and is made from a combination of fruit (plus sometimes other ingredients) blended with sugar and water to make a light, non-alcoholic beverage.
We kept our Watermelon Mint Aqua Fresca even lighter in sugar by using SPLENDA® Sugar Blend in today’s recipe. All SPLENDA® Brand Sweeteners offer the sweetness of sugar, without all of the calories, and they are perfect for beverage mixing – as well as in baking and cooking.
This Watermelon Mint Aqua Fresca couldn’t be any easier to make! Simply place some cut lime slices and mint leaves in the bottom of a glass, then sprinkle SPLENDA® Sugar Blend on top.
Muddle the lime, mint, SPLENDA® mixture together…
…then add ice, and pour the puréed watermelon into the glass. You’ve got a delicious, refreshing (and gorgeous) beverage that your guests will love!
See the complete cooking and baking guidelines for SPLENDA® Sugar Blend right here – typically, you will use half the amount of SPLENDA® Sugar Blend than the amount of sugar called for in the original recipe.
Visit the Sweet Swaps program here for hundreds of ways to save calories by swapping full sugar for SPLENDA® Sweeteners. For more information visit SPLENDA® on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram.Print
- 4 cups chilled watermelon, cubed and seeds removed (approximately ¼ of a large watermelon)
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 lime, cut into 8–12 slices then cut each slice in half again, divided
- 12 mint leaves, divided
- 4–8 teaspoons SPLENDA® Sugar Blend (use more or less depending upon the sweetness of your watermelon)
- Ice cubes
- Additional sprigs of mint for garnish, optional
- Place the watermelon cubes and water in a blender and purée until smooth. Place a sieve over a large bowl. Pour the puréed watermelon mixture through the sieve, using a spoon to stir so that all of the watermelon liquids go through the sieve and into the bowl. Set liquid aside and discard watermelon solids.
- Divide the lime slices and mint leaves equally in the bottom of four 12-ounce glasses. Sprinkle 1 to 2 teaspoons of SPLENDA® Sugar Blend into each glass. Using a wooden muddler, press down on the limes, mint and SPLENDA until all of the ingredients are muddled together.
- Add ice cubes to each glass, then pour the puréed watermelon mixture over the ice cubes and stir to combine.
- Garnish with additional sprigs of mint (if desired). Serve immediately.
You may also like these other recipes made with SPLENDA® Sweeteners: