This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 4 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium to large cloves of garlic sliced thin (1½ ounces to be exact)
- 12 good sized fresh mint leaves left whole, plus some chopped for garnish
- 3 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and quartered lengthwise, about one pound
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Few grinds black pepper
- In a large COLD sauté pan, place oil, garlic and fresh mint. Turn burner to medium low and cook slowly until garlic floats and is just slightly starting to turn brown. Keep heat low and don’t overcook.
- With a slotted spoon, remove garlic and mint to a small bowl.
- Turn heat to medium and place all of the zucchini quarters in on one cut side. After about four minutes turn and cook on the other cut side for about four more minutes. The zucchini should be lightly browned and not fully cooked.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, salt, pepper and reserved garlic and mint.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the zucchini is tender.
- Serve in a platter with additional chopped fresh mint over top.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.