This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- Two cups cooked acini di pepe pasta or other small pasta (see note above)
- 2 quarts chicken stock (home made is best but canned is acceptable)
- 1 pound leftover cooked turkey, white or dark or both or cooked chicken
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Cook pasta in boiling water for ten minutes, drain but do not rinse.
- Remove three tablespoons of cold stock and place in a medium bowl. In a medium pot, bring remaining stock to a boil and reduce down to 1 ½ quarts.
- While stock is reducing and pasta is cooking, shred turkey with your fingers into bite sized shreds.
- In the bowl with cool stock, add eggs, salt and half the Parmesan along with the chopped parsley. Beat for three minutes by hand with a whip or use an electric mixer.
- Once stock has reduced, add egg mixture a little at a time while you whip stock. The eggs will separate which is what you want.
- Add cooked pasta and cooked turkey and heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Serve with remaining Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.