This amazing Strawberry Vinegar is an important ingredient in our delicious Spinach Strawberry Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette recipe.
Although you could easily substitute store-bought strawberry vinegar in its place, the fresh strawberry flavors you’ll get by making this homemade version can’t be beat! Making strawberry vinegar is really quite easy, and we think this delicious vinegar really elevates the flavors of the spinach strawberry salad to something special.
Our recipe was adapted from this recipe from epicurious.com. We blended the strawberries and white balsamic vinegar together before straining giving the vinegar an even more intense strawberry flavor. It won’t be a clear strawberry vinegar like the original recipe, but it works just as well (or even better!) when making the salad.
This vinegar may be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week.Print
Adapted from Epicurious.com
- ½ pound fresh strawberries (about 1 ½ cups), trimmed and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Place strawberries and sugar into a blender or small food processor. Pulse on high until strawberries and sugar are pulverized (add a bit of the vinegar if necessary). Add the vinegar and blend until completely mixed.
- Allow the strawberry-vinegar mixture to sit in the blender for one hour (this will allow the strawberry flavor to infuse the vinegar).
- After the hour is up, pour the mixture through a fine sieve lined with a piece of cheesecloth. Allow to drain completely, using a spoon to push the vinegar through the cheesecloth if necessary.
You may also like: