This recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse combines two of my all-time favorite ingredients – fresh strawberries and cream cheese – into one yummy dessert!
The inspiration for this recipe came about after some indecision on my part – I knew I wanted to make a dessert with some gorgeous strawberries that we had just bought at our local market. But I couldn’t decide between making strawberry ice cream or strawberry cheesecake, so…this strawberry cheesecake mousse was the very pleasant compromise!
I adapted this recipe for our mango yogurt mousse – and the result is the perfect strawberry-season dessert! Lightly sweetened strawberries are combined with vanilla, softened cream cheese and whipped cream into a light and creamy mousse. This strawberry cheesecake mousse is easy to make – so it’s great when you want to serve your family a delicious any-day-of-the-week dessert, but it’s also elegant enough for a special occasion. Enjoy!Print
- ¼ cup water
- 1 packet gelatin
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups fresh, sliced strawberries, plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put the water into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Without stirring, let the gelatin soften for about 1 minute. Then heat the mixture on the stove over low heat, stirring until the gelatin is fully dissolved. (If any lumps form in the gelatin, remove them with a spoon.) Chill gelatin slightly before going to next step.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the gelatin mixture, cream cheese, strawberries and powdered sugar until thoroughly mixed. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- In a chilled bowl, whip the cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture stirring gently until the cream is fully incorporated into the strawberry mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into 4 dessert dishes. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. (The dishes of mousse may also be chilled in the freezer to speed up the process although you will end up with more of a frozen dessert than a light fluffy mousse dessert).
- Garnish with extra strawberry pieces or other topping of your choice.
You may also like: