This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Like many people these days, I’m a bit of a Pinterest addict! It’s such a great place to find inspiration for new recipes, party or decorating ideas, activities to do with my six-year-old – pretty much anything in which you might have an interest. I’m constantly amazed at and inspired by the creativity that I see among my fellow pinners!
So the other day, I was looking through some of my own Pinterest boards searching for a dessert that I could make with some delicious, fresh strawberries that we bought at the market. I had a particular recipe in mind – a Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake – and started scrolling through my pins. I realized that I had repeatedly pinned the exact same recipe to my ‘Desserts’ Pinterest board numerous times – it looked so delicious! Taking that as an omen – I just knew that I had to make this fresh strawberry yogurt cake as soon as possible!
And we weren’t disappointed in the least! This fresh strawberry yogurt cake is sweet, delicious and moist thanks to Greek yogurt in the batter, and chunks of fresh strawberries are interspersed throughout. There’s also the perfect hint of lemon in the cake as well as in the sweet sugar glaze that’s drizzled over the top.
This fresh strawberry yogurt cake is a great option for a warm weather dessert — but I can also imagine eating this with a hot cup of coffee or tea in cooler weather as well. Either way – this delicious cake is now part of our permanent dessert recipe collection!
Recipe Source: A Spicy Perspective.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 8 ounces plain Greek yogurt (pour off any liquid that might be on top)
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan (10-12 cups).
- In a medium bowl, sift together 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Add in the lemon zest and stir to mix throughout. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then mix in one tablespoon of the lemon juice.
- Add in about one cup of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, blending just until incorporated. Then add in about ½ cup of the yogurt, again blending just until incorporated. Continue alternating adding in the flour mixture and yogurt until combined.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of flour over the diced strawberries and stir to coat. Then fold the strawberries into the batter so that they are evenly mixed throughout – but be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and place the pan in the oven. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees and bake for 50 to 60 minutes (depending upon your oven) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes, and then gently turn the cake out onto a rack to fully cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, in a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Whisk to combine. Drizzle evenly over the top of the cooled cake.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Recipe Source: A Spicy Perspective
You may also like: