- ¼ cup water
- 1 packet gelatin
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups fresh, sliced strawberries, plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put the water into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Without stirring, let the gelatin soften for about 1 minute. Then heat the mixture on the stove over low heat, stirring until the gelatin is fully dissolved. (If any lumps form in the gelatin, remove them with a spoon.) Chill gelatin slightly before going to next step.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the gelatin mixture, cream cheese, strawberries and powdered sugar until thoroughly mixed. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- In a chilled bowl, whip the cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture stirring gently until the cream is fully incorporated into the strawberry mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into 4 dessert dishes. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. (The dishes of mousse may also be chilled in the freezer to speed up the process although you will end up with more of a frozen dessert than a light fluffy mousse dessert).
- Garnish with extra strawberry pieces or other topping of your choice.