This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
We hope you’ve been enjoying this week’s series so far – featuring some of our favorite recipes requiring five ingredients or less! These recipes are great proof that when combined together in the right way – even a few simple ingredients can result in a fantastic appetizer, main course or dessert!
My husband Jack and I are both big fans of rosemary – an herb that is often described as having a piney flavor profile with a hint of lemon. It’s really great with meats and added to marinades as a complementary seasoning, but it’s also really fantastic playing a starring role as the main flavor in this easy Rosemary Flatbread!
Making flatbread is quite easy – just start with store-bought, frozen bread dough (or your favorite homemade bread dough) that has been thawed and flattened into a rectangle. Then, using your fingers, make indentations all over the rolled out dough and brush with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle the dough with parmesan cheese, rosemary, a pinch of red pepper flakes (for just a little bit of heat) and coarse, kosher salt – then bake in a hot oven until golden brown!
Once the rosemary flatbread comes out of the oven – add another drizzle of olive oil and another sprinkle of parmesan. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. This rosemary flatbread is great served as an appetizer, or as a bread served alongside a healthy salad and some soup!
I hope I don’t embarrass my husband Jack too much by sharing that when we made this rosemary flatbread for the first time – he ate almost the entire thing before I could get a taste – it’s that delicious! You might want to double the recipe…just in case!
- 1 loaf frozen store-bought bread dough, thawed (or your favorite homemade white or wheat bread dough)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, needles pulled from stem
- 4 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Cut loaf in half and let each half come to room temperature in a warm draft free place for one hour. Press the dough out into an 8X10 rectangle using a rolling pin on a floured surface and let sit for ten minutes to relax. Do this two more times, covering each time it rests. Repeat for the other half so that they are both resting together.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place rack in center. If cooking both halves together, place two racks spaced evenly in center of oven.
- Place dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet(s) .With your fingertips make indents all over the rolled out dough. Brush with half the oil and sprinkle the rosemary, half the cheese, pepper flakes and salt all over the top, right to edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until browned. Remove from oven and drizzle the remaining oil and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with additional salt only if needed. Cut into 6 to 8 pieces and serve.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
See the rest of our series of terrific recipes made with five ingredients or less: