This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” square chunks
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (or ½ teaspoon dry thyme)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cut potatoes, olive oil, white wine, thyme, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat. Pour onto a sheet pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then turn and roast for 15-20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
- Heat butter and milk in microwave until milk is hot and butter is melted.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes and milk mixture and mash with a potato masher.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.