This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I need to start today’s post with an apology.
I know that it’s only a few days before Thanksgiving and you probably already have your dinner menu planned out…
I’m guessing that many of you (like us) already did most of your grocery shopping for your Thanksgiving meal and have no plans whatsoever to step back inside a crowded supermarket in the next few days…(if you can help it!).
So the last thing you need is for me to suggest that you make a change to your Thanksgiving menu! But this amazing recipe for Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Kale and Boursin Cheese is so good – that is exactly what I am urging you to do!
This recipe came about just this past weekend as we were using up various ingredients we had on hand in our refrigerator! A couple of sweet potatoes…a yellow potato…some kale…milk and cream – plus the star ingredient, Boursin cheese – and side dish magic was born! My husband Jack said this dish has a “major YUM factor” going on and after tasting it, he immediately changed up our Thanksgiving menu so we could serve this delicious side dish to our family!
Boursin cheese is a soft and creamy cheese found at most supermarkets in the gourmet cheese section of the store – and the wonderful garlic and herb flavors are absolutely fantastic added to the mashed sweet potatoes, plus the kale adds some additional nutrients as well as flavor!
So – I’m sorry to make you head back to the grocery store this week to buy the ingredients to make these mashed sweet potatoes with kale and Boursin cheese for your Thanksgiving dinner, but I promise – it’s totally worth the trip! Enjoy!
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Kale and Boursin Cheese
- 2 pounds peeled sweet potato (about 2 large potatoes), cut into one inch cubes
- 8 ounces peeled yellow potato such as Yukon Gold (about 1 medium potato), cut into one inch cubes
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups chopped kale leaves removed from stems (about 8 ounces in weight)
- 2 5.2–ounce packages of Boursin cheese – Garlic and Herbs flavor (or make our homemade version)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and place in sweet and yellow potatoes. Boil uncovered until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander and leave in colander while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Using the same pot that you used to cook the potatoes, pour in milk and cream, and add chopped kale leaves and Boursin cheese. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 5-6 minutes covered or until kale has wilted and is slightly tender. Add salt and pepper, stir and remove from heat.
- Add the potatoes to the kale mixture and mash with a potato masher, adding more milk if needed for proper consistency. Taste and season again with more salt and pepper if needed.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment