This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- ½ large or one whole small head of garlic
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 coddled egg yolks (see How To Coddle An Egg here)
- Pinch of salt
- Few grinds of pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup light olive oil (or canola oil, although olive oil is the traditional ingredient in aioli)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut top off the head of garlic (not root end). Place head in a small ramekin, cut side up. Pour the olive oil over cut top. Cover with foil and place in the oven and roast for 25-35 minutes until the garlic is soft.
- Once cooked, pinch cooked garlic out of each clove.
- In a food processor, place roasted garlic, coddled egg yolks, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Process the mixture until smooth.
- Extremely slowly, dribble oil into the processor with the motor running. It is very important that you pour the oil in very slowly to ensure proper emulsification.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature. This aioli may be kept 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.