After a busy long weekend (we started laying the hardwood floor in our kitchen), we’re looking for something quick, easy and – of course – delicious for dinner tonight! The solution – this Italian Cheesy Bread!
This delicious recipe is simple to make and very versatile depending on your personal flavor preferences as well as the ingredients you have on hand in your kitchen!
Start by making our amazing garlic bread recipe – then load it up with toppings. We added a blend of provolone and mozzarella cheeses, sun dried tomatoes and some chopped oil-cured Italian olives to give this bread a salty, briny, cheesy and rich flavor.
Bake your Italian Cheesy Bread until hot and melted – and you’ve got an incredible meal ready to serve!Print
Note: Prep and cooking times listed includes time to make the basic garlic bread recipe as well as adding the toppings.
- Prepared Garlic bread, see our recipe here
- ½ pound provolone cheese, diced small
- ½ pound mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup oil packed sun dry tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- ½ cup pitted oil-cured Italian olives, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare garlic bread according to these directions.
- In a medium bowl, combine both cheeses, sun dried tomatoes and olives. Mix to combine.
- Lay garlic bread out on a crinkled sheet of foil on a sheet pan. (crinkling the foil allows the bread to sit off of direct heat)
- Spread cheese mixture over bread. Pull foil up just to cover sides of bread but leave top exposed.
- Bake ten minutes, remove to a cutting board and slice into thick slices and serve.
You may also like: