Today’s recipe – this delicious Greek Spinach with White Beans and Feta – is the perfect way to add delicious, healthy flavor to any meal! In particular – I think this dish is a perfect accompaniment to any grilled chicken or beef dish!
This Greek Spinach with White Beans and Feta is made from ingredients that you likely already have in your refrigerator and pantry.
It’s made from a simple mix of fresh spinach, sautéed onions, garlic and mushrooms, plus canned white cannellini beans and stewed tomatoes, as well as herbs and seasonings. A final splash of fresh lemon juice and briny feta sprinkled on top gives this simple dish a bright, fresh finish!
This Greek Spinach with White Beans and Feta is quick and easy to prepare. Although it is meant to be served hot out of the skillet – it’s also delicious served at room temperature.Print
- ¼ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced vertically into thick slices, about 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, about 2 cups
- 1 15-ounce can white cannellini beans drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can stewed tomatoes (or use our homemade recipe). Remove tomatoes, roughly chop and add back to juice
- ¼ teaspoon dry red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- Juice from half a lemon
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese, divided
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add oil and once hot add onions, garlic and mushrooms. Sauté until vegetables are almost tender but still have a little crunch.
- Add beans, tomatoes, pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook for five minutes to combine flavors and to reduce the liquid.
- Add spinach and cook just to wilt then add lemon juice and half the feta. Cook just to heat the mixture and remove to a serving bowl.
- Top with remaining feta cheese and serve.
Keywords: Greek Spinach with White Beans and Feta
You may also like: