I’ve had the recipe for this Easy Zesty Cheese Dip in my recipe box for over 20 years! It was passed down to me by a woman named Jane, whom I worked with a long time ago – and all of these years later, it is still one of my favorites!
Every year – right after Thanksgiving – a group of us co-workers used to head over to the house of another work friend named Nancy. We would kick off the holiday season with a party and also help Nancy decorate her tree. Jane was always in charge of putting the lights on the tree before the rest of us could start hanging the ornaments. And – Jane also always brought along this Easy Zesty Cheese Dip!
This cheese dip is mix of shredded Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack cheeses, softened cream cheese and mayonnaise – plus seasonings including salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika. Simply stir everything together, then bake the dip until hot and bubbly in the middle and it creates an almost golden soufflé-like appearance around the edges! (Jack and I fight over who gets to eat those cheesy, golden edges!) 😉
Back then, the rule was you have to serve this Easy Zesty Cheese Dip with Doritos – which I still think are the perfect zesty complement to the creamy, perfectly zesty cheese dip!Print
- 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Doritos chips (any flavor!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into a one quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes and turn off oven. Let mixture sit in the oven for five more minutes and serve with Doritos.
Keywords: easy zesty cheese dip
You may also like: