Prepare to make a double batch of this delicious Chili Dip. This is THE appetizer everyone will want to eat at your next game day party! Guaranteed!
We are so excited to share this Chili Dip recipe with you today because – it is AMAZING! Take my advice and put this recipe on your must-try list immediately!
This crazy-good dish is one decadent layer after another of cream cheese, shredded Monterey Jack, scallions, chili (we used yesterday’s Quick and Easy Chili), and shredded cheddar cheese – all flavors that perfectly complement each other. Then the chili dip it is baked until warm and melted, and finally topped with fresh diced tomatoes, cilantro and sprinkles of more scallions before serving.
Served with nacho chips for scooping – I guarantee that this chili dip will be one of the first dishes to get eaten at your next game-day party!
See the photo right below here? As soon as Jack and I finished taking this photo….
…we ate the whole thing!Print
Look for thicker nacho chips or nacho chip scoops that won’t easily break when scooping out the dip. The thin ones are good with queso but for a hearty thick dip like this, you need a sturdy chip!.
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 bunch of scallions (approximately 2 ounces in weight) sliced with green tops and white bottoms separated
- 2 cups prepared chili (see our Quick and Easy Chile recipe here or see Jack’s Chili recipe here), heated through
- 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar
- 1 single tomato, diced and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- Nacho chips for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a standard glass pie plate or the baking dish of your choice, place the cold cream cheese and with the back of a soup spoon, spread evenly to sides.
- Top with jack cheese and sliced scallions (white part only)
- Spread hot chili over mixture and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle top with drained diced tomato, cilantro and sliced scallion tops. Serve with nacho chips and be prepared to get another one in the oven because the first one will be gone before you ever get a chance to turn the oven off.
You may like these other Chili recipes:
- Quick and Easy Chili
- Corn Chip Chili Bowl
- Jack’s Chili
- Glenn’s Sweet & Spicy Slow Cooker Chili
- Whole30 Chili