Today’s Easy Napa Cabbage Slaw is another side dish that goes very well with the Peanut Ginger Chicken and the Fruit and Cucumber Salsa recipes that we shared over the last few days. (This really is a wonderful menu for your next summertime barbecue!)
This Easy Napa Cabbage Slaw is made with simple ingredients and takes just minutes to prepare. Simply shred Napa cabbage, bok choy, and some sweet bell peppers (we used red and yellow for color) – then toss with toasted sesame oil and seasoned rice vinegar. That’s it! Your slaw is ready to be served.
Seasoned rice vinegar is slightly sweeter and more flavorful than plain rice vinegar. But if you only have the plain rice vinegar – use that but add some sugar and a pinch of salt to the mix.
This Easy Napa Cabbage Slaw – with its savory and slightly tangy flavors – really balances and complements the richness of the Peanut Ginger Chicken and the sweetness of the Fruit and Cucumber Salsa in this delicious meal. The slaw is also delicious on fish tacos or pulled pork sandwiches. Enjoy!Print
- 3 cups finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup finely shredded bok choy
- ½ cup thinly sliced sweet red and yellow pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar (or plain rice vinegar plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar and a generous pinch of salt)
- Combine Napa cabbage, bok choy and pepper strips in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together toasted sesame oil and rice vinegar.
- Just before serving, toss the cabbage mixture with the oil and vinegar mixture. Serve immediately.
You may also enjoy: