I made this Crustless Coconut Custard Pie as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
This Crustless Coconut Custard Pie is one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make! And – it’s delicious too of course!
Just mix the simple batter in a blender. Pour the batter into a pie plate. Bake until the edges are a light golden brown. Then, allow the pie cool.
As the pie cools, the center settles down into a luscious creamy coconut custard, and the outer golden edges form a “crustless” crust! (After making this simple crustless version, I won’t make my coconut custard pie any other way!)
And I’ve got another tip for you today! Swap in SPLENDA Sugar Mix in this recipe if you’re looking to enjoy a dessert with less added sugar. See the cooking and baking guidelines for SPLENDA® Sugar Blend right here – we used half the amount of sugar called for in the original recipe. (See the recipe below if you prefer not to use Splenda.)
All SPLENDA® Brand Sweeteners are versatile, and they can be used in baking, cooking and beverage mixing. SPLENDA® Sweeteners offer the sweetness of sugar, without all of the calories.
Visit the Sweet Swaps program here for hundreds of ways to save calories by swapping full sugar for SPLENDA® Sweeteners. For more information visit SPLENDA® on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram.
Adapted from a recipe found on the back of Stop & Shop® Brand Tender Flake Coconut package.Print
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ½ cup SPLENDA® Sugar Mix (or 1 cup of granulated sugar)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup self-rising flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 1/3 cup flaked coconut (sweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender, add the half-and-half, sugar, eggs, flour and butter. Cover tightly and blend on the “mix” setting for 3 minutes.
- Stop blender and add coconut flakes. Blend again for a few seconds.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased, deep-dish pie plate (ours was 9½-inches).
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden on top. Remove from the oven and cool before serving. (The pie will be puffy as soon as you take it out of the oven but as it cools, the center will fall, creating a crust-less outer edge.
You may enjoy these other recipes made with SPLENDA® Sweeteners: