2 cups half-and-half
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
½ cup self-rising flour
1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons), softened to room temperature
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut (sweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender, add the half-and-half, sugar, eggs, flour and butter. Cover tightly and blend on the “mix” setting for 3 minutes.
- Stop blender and add coconut flakes. Blend again for a few seconds.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased, deep-dish pie plate (ours was 9½-inches).
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden on top. Remove from the oven and cool before serving. (The pie will be puffy as soon as you take it out of the oven but as it cools, the center will fall, creating a crust-less outer edge.
Keywords: coconut custard pie, crustless coconut custard pie