This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Our Cranberry Barbecue Sauce is made with fresh cranberries, and it’s a zesty, tart and smoky condiment that you will absolutely love! We used this Cranberry Barbecue Sauce on our Cranberry Barbecue Turkey Pizza (see that recipe here) – but it’s also delicious on meats and burgers.
This sauce is made with a somewhat eclectic – but very delicious – combination of ingredients. Cranberries, shallots, orange zest, Dijon mustard, ketchup, tomato paste, cinnamon, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce – plus a touch of liquid smoke to add a smoky, barbecue flavor, all come together in this crazy-good sauce!
As written, our Cranberry Barbecue Sauce is more savory than sweet – but feel free to add more sugar to the mix if you prefer a sweeter sauce.
And don’t forget to check out our Cranberry Barbecue Turkey Pizza!
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, more if you like it sweeter
- Zest of one navel orange
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shallots, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place all ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a fast simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- The sauce is done when the berries pop and start to break down.
- Puree with an immersion blender and chill for later use.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like: