- 6 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, more if you like it sweeter
- Zest of one navel orange
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shallots, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- Place all ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a fast simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- The sauce is done when the berries pop and start to break down.
- Puree with an immersion blender and chill for later use.