This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Christmas Crunchies – A delicious vintage cookie loaded with oatmeal, coconut, corn flakes and pecans.
I don’t know why these are called Christmas Crunchies – these delicious little cookies are so good, they deserve to be eaten all year long!
Christmas Crunchies are the perfect combination of crunchy cookie on the outside and chewy cookie on the inside. A simple sugar cookie batter is loaded with oats, corn flakes, shredded coconut and coarsely chopped pecan. The batter is rolled into balls and then baked until lightly golden brown.
Each bite yields a wonderful contrast of textures and salty-sweet flavors – my idea of the perfect cookie! These Christmas Crunchies are so good – you might want to think about making a double batch – one to eat yourself and the other to give as gifts.
This recipe comes from a Southern Living Magazine Christmas Cookies cookbook that was passed along to us by my sister-in-law Pam. This simple paperback cookbook dating back to 1986 is filled with both classic and eclectic vintage cookie recipes – including these Christmas Crunchies – and it’s one of our go-to sources for our holiday cookie baking.
You may like these other cookie recipes:
- Crunchie Munchie Cookies
- Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pretzel Cookies
- 4-Ingredient Shortbread Cookies
- Spritz Cookies
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup regular rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup corn flakes
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, very lightly spray parchment with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine with a whisk. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and both sugars until well combined. Add egg and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix to thoroughly combine. Fold in oats, corn flakes, coconut and pecans, mixing until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls approximately 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden brown. Cool cookies on wire rack.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.