This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
We developed these Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies as part of a sponsored post for General Mills and Shaws.
When it comes to snacking…are you Team Salty? Or are you Team Sweet? Or maybe you’re Team Both – like me?! 🙂 Don’t worry – in my opinion, there is no wrong type of snack!!
Today we’re sharing a fantastic new recipe that will let you Be Snacksational when Team Sweet is calling your name – Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies!
These Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies are my idea of the perfect cookie: crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, plus chocolate chips throughout, and a chocolate drizzle on top!
The key ingredient to getting that perfect cookie texture is Nature Valley™ Oats N’ Chocolate Protein Granola which we added to the cookie batter. Nature Valley Granola comes in a variety of flavors, and we found it at Shaws supermarket along with all of the other ingredients to make this delicious cookie snack. Your local Shaws carries all types of delicious snacks that will satisfy any kind of craving – salty, sweet, healthy or indulgent!
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 11–ounce bag Nature Valley Oats N’ Chocolate Protein Granola
- 1 3/4 sticks butter (14 tablespoons), softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip morsels
- 1 4–ounce bar good-quality milk chocolate such as Ghirardelli
- In a large bowl, sift both flours, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Pour entire bag of granola into bowl and toss with a large spoon to coat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter for two minutes. Add both sugars and beat for one minute.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- With mixer on low, slowly add dry to wet until batter is thick like a cookie dough. Pour in the chocolate chips and mix a few turns to incorporate the chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line three cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a small scoop to measure out 1 ¼ – 1 ½ ounce portions, 12 per pan. Do not press down.
- Bake one pan at a time in top third of oven for 13 minutes per pan. The cookies will look like they are not fully baked but will set up as they cool. Do not over bake.
- Let sit on pan for two minutes then slide parchment off pan onto cooling rack.
- Let sit on cooling rack until completely set.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate. Pour into a small disposable pastry bag with no tip and cut a very small end off.
- Using a back and forth motion, drizzle the chocolate over all of the cookies. One 4-ounce bar is just enough to cover all 36 cookies.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons (use local banner name) . The opinions and text are all mine.