This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
An easy and decadent Chocolate Cookie Candy Pretzel Bark recipe – perfect for a summer party!
This Chocolate Cookie Candy Pretzel Bark is another recipe that we made over Memorial Day to rave reviews!
As you can tell by the name – it’s a decadent combination of cookies (we used Oreos) and pretzel sticks smothered in melted white chocolate, then topped with candy-coated chocolates and some patriotic sprinkles for color and decoration – as well as added sweetness!
We brought a batch of this chocolate cookie candy pretzel bark to our neighbor’s Memorial Day weekend barbecue. I knew it was a winner – first – when one of the guys at the party (don’t worry, I won’t name names!) kept sneaking into the dining room and eating a piece of this bark while everyone else was still eating lunch! Then, when the desserts were finally served, all of the kids ended up fighting over who got the last piece of this fabulous treat!!
This is a delicious salty-sweet (mostly sweet!) dessert that will please both grown-ups and kids alike! It’s so good – we’re already planning to make this chocolate cookie candy pretzel bark again for our July 4th celebrations!
This recipe was adapted from one that appeared here (who adapted the original recipe here). I, for the life of me, couldn’t find red, white and blue M&M’s at the store (and didn’t have time to mail away for them), but luckily I was able to find similar candy-coated chocolates at our local party store. Other types of candies, as well as other types of chocolates or cookies can easily be substituted based on your personal preferences.
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Chocolate Cookie Candy Pretzel Bark
- 14 whole Oreo cookies, broken up into quarters
- 1 1/2 cups pretzel sticks, broken into pieces
- 1 pound white chocolate candy melts
- 1 cup Red, White, and Blue M&M’s or other candy-coated chocolate candies
- Colored sprinkles
- Cover a large cookie sheet with a Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mat or a large piece of wax paper.
- Spread the cookie and pretzel pieces evenly onto the mat or wax paper.
- Melt the white chocolate – either in the microwave* or over a double boiler – until smooth and fully melted. (*Anytime you melt chocolate in the microwave, it’s best to heat the chocolate in 30-second time increments, then stop to stir the chocolate before heating it more. Chocolate melts very quickly in the microwave and it can easily burn!)
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie-pretzel mixture, making sure it evenly coats the cookie and pretzel pieces. If necessary, use a spatula to evenly spread the melted chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the candy pieces and sprinkles evenly over the chocolate, pushing the candy down a bit if necessary to make sure that it is embedded in the melted chocolate.
- Let cool until the chocolate firms up. Peel the bark from the Silpat mat or wax paper and break into small pieces.
- Store in an air tight container.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Leave a Comment