This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I still remember the first time I had a chai tea many years ago. My friend Lisa and I were at Starbucks – and chai tea lattes were the ‘new thing’ to order (way) back then! I was instantly hooked on the warm spicy flavors, and to this day the taste of chai reminds me of my long-ago friend!
Fast forward to now, and our Chai Tea Smoothie is a delicious way to enjoy all of the same delicious flavors – but in smoothie form!
We made our own chai tea concentrate using an easy chai spice mix recipe that we will share with you here tomorrow – but if you already have some store-bought chai tea bags or chai tea concentrate at home, that will work just as well.
We mixed our homemade chai tea concentrate with ice, milk, agave nectar, plain Greek yogurt and some vanilla extract in a blender until smooth and frothy.
Pour, serve – and enjoy!
Chai Tea Concentrate
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Chai Spice Mix (store bought or click here tomorrow for our homemade recipe)
- 7 black tea bags
Additional Smoothie Ingredients
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 2/3 cup milk
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by preparing the chai tea concentrate: In a small saucepan, heat honey and water until just boiling. Stir to dissolve honey.
- Remove from heat and add Chai Spice Mix and teabags. Cover and allow to steep for 7 minutes. Remove teabags and pour mixture into a container and chill completely (about 1 hour). (This makes about 2/3 cup of concentrate.)
- To make the smoothie, in a blender add prepared chai tea concentrate, ice cubes, milk, agave nectar, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Blend on Smoothie setting (if your blender has one) for one cycle or until light and frothy and all ice has been incorporated (approximately 1 minute on high if using a manual setting).
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also enjoy this other recipe made with the Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender: