Today’s recipe for this delicious Asian Salad with Roasted Delicata Squash has been a ‘work in progress’ over the last two days here on A Family Feast!
Earlier this week, we showed you how to make some delicious Roasted Delicata Squash. And yesterday we shared our Everyday Asian Dressing recipe – a very simple and versatile dressing that can be used on salads (like today’s recipe) as well as tossed over pasta!
So today – we’re combining the two recipes into a wonderful Asian salad by combining the roasted delicata squash (minus the maple sage coating from the earlier recipe), fresh baby spinach and green beans, plus scallions, cilantro and cashews and then tossing them with that fantastic Asian dressing!
This Asian salad with roasted delicata squash is a wonderful light lunch served with some warm crusty bread – or it’s a great side dish served with some chicken or fish for a heartier dinner!
And – be sure to come back tomorrow because we’re sharing a delicious Asian Chicken Noodle Salad that also uses the Everyday Asian Dressing. It’s delicious!Print
- 1½ pounds Delicata squash, roasted (following this recipe, but do not add the maple sage coating)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ pound fresh green beans cut in half
- ¼ cup scallions cut on the bias
- 2 cups baby spinach or any other greens such as Romaine, spring mix, etc.
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- Everyday Asian Dressing (see recipe here)
- Prepare Delicata squash by following instructions in this recipe using only the squash, oil and salt from that recipe.
- While squash is roasting heat a pan of water to boiling and place green beans in water for about three minutes. Drain and plunge into an ice water bath. Remove, dry and set aside.
- Once squash is cooked, toss in a large bowl with blanched green beans, chopped scallions, spinach, cilantro and cashews.
- Toss with our Everyday Asian Dressing and serve immediately.
You may also like: