This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 2 pounds whole delicate squash
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice off both ends of the squash and discard. Cut the squash in half end to end and with a spoon, scoop out seeds and discard. Then cut into one inch thick half-moon slices leaving skins on. (The skins can be eaten!)
- Place in a bowl and toss with oil and salt then lay out on a sheet pan and bake for ten minutes. Flip, and then bake for 10-15 more minutes until tender.
- While squash is roasting, heat butter and sage in a small sauce pan with maple syrup for a few minutes to incorporate flavors. Set aside.
- When squash comes out of the oven, toss with butter and sage mixture and serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.