This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Still looking for one last vegetable recipe for your holiday dinner? Our Roasted Carrots and Parsnips are quick, easy and super flavorful!
Parsnips are a root vegetable resembling a pale, golden carrot. Their flavor is also similar to that of carrot – but when roasted, parsnips taste even sweeter and are really terrific paired alongside the carrots! We like to leave the carrots and parsnips partially whole for this dish – in part because it makes this dish just that much easier to prepare – but also because the whole roasted carrots and parsnips make such a beautiful and rustic presentation at your dinner table!
Simply peel the whole carrots and parsnips, then toss them with sauteed garlic, olive oil, white wine, leeks and a sprig of fresh rosemary. Roast them in a very hot oven until browned and caramelized. Caramelizing these root vegetables really intensifies the flavors – and combined with the fresh, intense rosemary – this is a wonderful fall side dish for any meal!
We love seeing what you made! Tag us on Instagram at @afamilyfeast or hashtag #afamilyfeast so we can see your creations!
Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons divided
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 leeks, tops and roots removed, cleaned of sand and diced large, about 1 cup
- 1 large sprig of rosemary plus 2 tablespoons minced, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- Cut large parsnips or carrots in half lengthwise, otherwise leave whole. Cut all in half horizontally so they are all half size. In order for the vegetables to cook correctly, they need to be uniform in size. Place all in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large saute pan, place 1/4 cup of olive oil, garlic, leeks, whole rosemary sprig, salt, pepper, wine and water. Cook over medium high for five minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and discard rosemary. The leeks will be soft.
- Pour cooked leeks over vegetables along with two tablespoons of olive oil and the minced rosemary and toss.
- Pour out onto a sheet pan in a single layer and roast for 15 minutes. Flip vegetables and roast for about 10-15 minutes more until browned and tender.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
You may also like:
Leave a Comment