Note: The majority of the prep time listed is to allow the Chai Tea Concentrate to cool. This step can be done in advance.
Chai Tea Concentrate
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Chai Spice Mix (store bought or click here tomorrow for our homemade recipe)
- 7 black tea bags
Additional Smoothie Ingredients
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 2/3 cup milk
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by preparing the chai tea concentrate: In a small saucepan, heat honey and water until just boiling. Stir to dissolve honey.
- Remove from heat and add Chai Spice Mix and teabags. Cover and allow to steep for 7 minutes. Remove teabags and pour mixture into a container and chill completely (about 1 hour). (This makes about 2/3 cup of concentrate.)
- To make the smoothie, in a blender add prepared chai tea concentrate, ice cubes, milk, agave nectar, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Blend on Smoothie setting (if your blender has one) for one cycle or until light and frothy and all ice has been incorporated (approximately 1 minute on high if using a manual setting).
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.