We are so excited to start off this new year with a recipe for Easy Blender Chocolate Mousse – PLUS a fantastic Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender Giveaway! (GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED.)
This Easy Blender Chocolate Mousse is a recipe that my old college roommate shared with me years ago – and my entire extended family has loved it ever since. So when Wolf Gourmet gifted us with their incredible High Performance Blender to test and review in our own home – I knew immediately which recipe I’d make first.
Like all Wolf products, the Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender is an absolutely gorgeous, superior-quality machine with a large, 64-ounce Tritan™ jar. We love that it was designed to fit under standard-size cabinets in our kitchen (a small but important detail that someone at Wolf thought about when they designed this blender).
The blender has a 2.4 peak horsepower motor that propels the blades to 210 miles per hour – making quick work out of today’s Easy Blender Chocolate Mousse.
With a simple twist of a dial, you can vary the speed of the blender – or you can use one of four program settings: Smoothie, Ice Crush, Puree, or Soup. (Yes – soup! This blender will purée and heat your soup!) You can also use the Pulse button at any speed.
The Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender also comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
Here’s the blender in action as we made our Easy Blender Chocolate Mousse! We started by adding a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, sugar and eggs into the Wolf Gourmet blender. (Be sure to see our note in the recipe about using raw, pasteurized or coddled eggs.)
Then a few quick pulses to combine the ingredients.
We poured in hot scalded milk and a little (optional) Kahlua…
…then a final blend until the mixture was thick and airy.
This Easy Blender Chocolate Mousse is super rich and decadent, so we recommend serving it in small dessert glasses. (A little bit of this chocolaty dessert is more than enough!)
The Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender has a retail value of $599.95 and is sold online as well as at the following retailers:
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED: Congratulations to Brian E. from Scottsdale, Arizona who was randomly selected as the winner.
We’re also thrilled that Wolf Gourmet is giving one lucky A Family Feast reader the chance to win a Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender for your own kitchen!
For your chance to win*, leave a comment below by 11:59 pm on January 15, 2016 and tell us what recipe you would make first in the Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender?
*Giveaway Terms & Conditions: Open to anyone 18 years of age or older with a valid US shipping address in the 50 United States or District of Columbia (No P.O. Boxes please!) Winner will be randomly selected via random.org on January 16, 2016. Winner will be contacted via email so please be sure to enter using a valid email address where we can reach you. Winner will have 24 hours to respond and confirm their shipping address, otherwise a new winner will be selected and so on.
Please note that comments are moderated so if you don’t see your comment immediately publish, don’t worry – we have received it! Duplicate entries will be deleted.
Disclosure: We received a complimentary Wolf Gourmet High Performance Blender for review purposes. All opinions are 100% ours.Print
* The original recipe from my college roommate called for raw eggs which will give this mousse a lighter texture. However, for food safety purposes, we coddled the eggs first for this recipe which results in a more dense chocolate mousse. Alternately, you can purchase pasteurized eggs at the supermarket.
- 1 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (coddled if desired – see note above*)
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua (optional)
- Whipping cream, for garnish
- Add chocolate chips, sugar and eggs. Pulse for about 30 seconds until ingredients are mixed and chocolate chips are cut into smaller pieces.
- Pour in scalding hot milk and Kahlua. Blend at medium speed until mixture is very smooth and chocolate chips have melted completely.
- Pour into small serving glasses (we filled 10 small dessert glasses) and chill until firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream before serving.
You may also like these other recipes made with Wolf Gourmet products: