* The original recipe from my college roommate called for raw eggs which will give this mousse a lighter texture. However, for food safety purposes, we coddled the eggs first for this recipe which results in a more dense chocolate mousse. Alternately, you can purchase pasteurized eggs at the supermarket.
- 1 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (coddled if desired – see note above*)
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua (optional)
- Whipping cream, for garnish
- Add chocolate chips, sugar and eggs. Pulse for about 30 seconds until ingredients are mixed and chocolate chips are cut into smaller pieces.
- Pour in scalding hot milk and Kahlua. Blend at medium speed until mixture is very smooth and chocolate chips have melted completely.
- Pour into small serving glasses (we filled 10 small dessert glasses) and chill until firm.
- Garnish with whipped cream before serving.