This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
- 1 head cauliflower, about 2 ½ pounds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ to ½ cup of the liquid reserved from cooking the cauliflower
- Remove core and leaves and break cauliflower up into equal sized florets.
- Place in a sauce pan with tight fitting lid filled half way with water.
- Bring to a low boil for 8-10 minutes covered until tender. Drain but reserve liquid.
- Place cooked cauliflower in food processor and add salt, pepper, garlic powder and butter and hit puree.
- Slowly drizzle in about ¼ cup of cooking liquid as it purees until mixture is the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.